Senior Blockchain EngineerSoftware Development Sydney, Australia Full-time Remote
Join the Synthetix Core Contributor community as a senior Solidity engineer and help build the future of DeFi.
Synthetix is a decentralized derivatives liquidity protocol built on Ethereum, with over $2B+ in supporting collateral the project is one of the largest in all of DeFi. The Synthetix protocol powers the use of synthetic assets (Synths) in projects across its native interfaces as well as third-party platforms like 1inch and Curve, generating $100M+ in weekly exchange volume. We are a global community of stakeholders across many functions, working together to innovate how value is transferred on the internet.
Synthetix is looking for a software engineer with extensive experience writing, testing, deploying and refining Ethereum smart contract code on mainnet, been through professional code audits and who is up to date on the current developments in Solidity and the EVM. The candidate needs to know Solidity intimately, have an informed opinion on the latest developer tooling, adhere to industry best practices and follow the latest vulnerabilities and hacks in the Ethereum smart contract space with interest.
The current team is globally distributed with contributors in Australia, North and South America, Europe and Asia.
We’re a small team driven by startup values - we iterate fast, test often and automate wherever possible; it’s that agility that has helped us get to where we are. We have some of the most complex Solidity contracts on mainnet managing nearly $3B+ in value and are constantly making improvements. We have upgradeable proxy contracts, an automated custom deploy process that includes all of our dApps and tooling, and over 90 contracts to manage (based off of over a dozen key source files). Moreover, we’re in the process of migrating towards a protocolDAO that will automate and protect system upgrades even further.
For more detail on our setup, please see https://docs.synthetix.io/contracts/
- Collaborative in approach and happy to work with others on projects
- Intellectually curious and enjoys moving fast
- Happy to work remotely and manage their own office environment
- Willing to be flexible with availability to accommodate for the fast-paced nature of the cryptocurrency market and open to occasional travel for events
- Solid demonstrable work (on GitHub or otherwise) with Solidity code - 2 years or more
- Written extensive automated tests for their contracts, and is very familiar with CI toolings such as CircleCI and Travis
- Experience with Solidity security audits (as an author or recipient)
- Used both Synthetix and other DeFi products on mainnet and can demonstrate a solid understanding of how Synthetix works.
- Pay in sUSD and SNX
- Ensure your code is professionally audited
- Provide a platform for sharing your talents with a global audience
- Pay for travel expenses to events & offsites
- Connect you to a thriving community
- Make you feel welcome!
If the above sounds interesting and you’d like to talk with the team please contact [email protected].