Posted on Apr 12, 2020
Manager of Public Relations (PR)Sales and Marketing New York, NY, USA Full-time
We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.This position is based in New York, and reports to the VP Marketing & Community.
- Develop a public relations plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Direct social media team members to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media, and nurture relationships with key media, influencers and decision makers in the space
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Support thought leadership programs for company executives, including drafting opinion pieces, research reports, and other contributed content.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Develop and submit speaking and award submissions for key conferences and awards.
- Navigate and understand complex industry topics such as financial services and market dynamics, along with the ability to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Maintain media tracker including placements updating online and in content tracker.
- Monitor competitor announcements and media placements.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- 5+ years experience in public relations, journalism or corporate communications, (fintech/financial services experience preferred).
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills with a natural ability for story-telling in a clear, intriguing and effective manner.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a national and international level.
- Strong relationships with local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Established relationships with media contacts and demonstrated success with media relations
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail; must take pride in your work.
- Proven ability to compile focused talking points and content for simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
- Ability to work independently, and be a strong team player.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Good humor and a general happy disposition.
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Share this job: