IT Support EngineerDevOps & Sysadmin San Francisco, CA, USA Full-time
The IT Support Engineer is an IT professional with experience supporting end users at all levels of technical knowledge in all levels of the business. You will work daily to ensure the highest levels of end user productivity. This will be achieved through meticulous planning, project management and execution on IT projects and end user support requests. In this role you will work with users to proactively identify their requirements and develop solutions to address them. You will work with the IT Manager to hire and mentor junior team members, establish SLA’s, develop and document new processes, triage requests and manage complex tasks to completion. High-level tasks include but are not limited to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, etc.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Training staff members in using corporate technologies
Your top goal is to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Work with all levels of staff to ensure an optimal end user experience
- Develop, maintain and document new software, tools and support processes for the team.
- Field inquiries, troubleshooting requests and manage hardware, software or network problems
- Recognize and escalate more challenging problems to the appropriate teams. Drive these issues to completion.
- Maintain IT Asset inventory and ensure endpoints are in compliance and under management.
- Manage MDM infrastructure, backup, upgrade and configure to scale
- Support and maintain AV systems globally as needed.
- Assist in building out new local and remote office spaces, onboarding users and deploying new technologies as required.
- Participate in staggered schedule with teammates to ensure global IT support coverage
- Stay abreast of current and developing technologies and identify training to further oneself
Skills, Traits & Competencies:
- Strong professional demeanor and work ethic
- Strong project execution skill set and critical thinking skills
- Experience communicating on a high level to a non-technical audience
- Experience managing vendors and consultants in completion of company objectives
- Experience working closely with end users, team managers and senior leadership
- Experience supporting cloud/SaaS services such as G Suite and Slack
- Expert knowledge of Apple systems and software
- Comfortable working in fast growth environments
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- A focus on education to empower the user base for increased productivity
- Ability to work with remote teams globally and possess cultural intelligence
- Self reliant, yet works well within a team and is directed by global presence & management
- Knowledge of ITIL preferred, in particular ITIL best practices