Full Stack / Backend EngineerSoftware Development Berlin / New York Full-time
Do you believe we deserve an internet where apps are securely and easily interoperable, where users have control over their data and identity, and where developers are empowered to innovate rapidly and collaboratively? Do you want to be at the forefront of web3, moving the internet beyond the cloud and ushering in the next wave of online experiences?Do you want to join in building the shared data backend that will power this revolution, alongside world-class technical and product teammates?
3Box is building a more trusting, human and connected web. The most ambitious applications in the world are being built on our data network. Developers can build lighter and more powerful services with better data than ever, and users are empowered with control of their data and portability across experiences. Soon, we'll be releasing Ceramic Network to take this even further. We are looking for impact-driven, self-motivated, growth-oriented teammates to join us in making our huge mission a reality.
The Role3Box is looking for a full stack engineer to drive the development of our core infrastructure and node software. You will architect and engineer the software that will enable user-centric data via 3Box and the Ceramic Network.You will get to..
- Ensure extremely reliable infrastructure that never fails, with smooth and efficient devops
- Drastically improve the performance of our distributed data infrastructure
- Architect creative solutions for monitoring and metrics on a distributed network
- Contribute ideas, IP and thought leadership about open network design to 3Box and related developer communities
- Represent 3Box in our community of app developers building innovative new products and services
You'll likely thrive if you...
- Are proficient with AWS and similar infrastructure tools
- Demonstrate an aptitude for understanding and designing distributed systems
- Are extremely good at quickly understanding new problem areas, weighing tradeoffs, and recommending a path forward
- Ship quality code fast
- Frequently experiment with new technologies and think about better ways to build things
- Have great attention to code quality, strong documentation, and scalability
- Are able to structure thinking, work and communication, breaking down big projects into achievable deliverables
- Bonus points: familiarity with Rust, typescript or other languages; interest in data structures and lower level systems; strong product mindset and focus on users; active role in an open source community