Ethereum Smart Contracts EngineerSoftware Development Americas (remote); US, Canada, Argentina Full-time Remote
The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact - for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions - by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Maker family is a diverse, passionate team comprising of around 80 people, across 20 locations across the globe who are creating the forefront of innovative FinTech solutions 3.0.
What you'll be doing
- Analyze, synthesize, and document high-level technical component architecture.
- Reconcile the needs and business requirements of different stakeholders and translate these into technical requirements for the dev teams to work with.
- Help to define and guard the quality requirements for the different products and services that the teams are delivering. Ensure that the right design decisions are taken to correctly prioritize these quality requirements.
- Create security architecture for managing security of Ethereum dapps and related applications
- Help to define the technical roadmap. Capture and report on the progress of the roadmap. Ensure that the different stakeholders are kept up-to-date on this.
What you'll need
- 1+ years experience with Solidity/Ethereum development
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Architect role
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Have a good understanding of blockchain fundamentals, smart contracts, consensus algorithms, Byzantine fault tolerance, etc.
- Have a clear overview and understanding of the different products and services that Maker is offering, and how they are implemented in terms of business logic, technology, and systems & software architecture.
- Understand the strategic objectives of the organization and how this affects the engineering teams. Understand the engineering OKRs and partner with the teams to ensure alignment with the OKRs.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with external technical partners. Initiate and maintain relationships with these partners.
- Remain updated with emerging trends in the Ethereum and blockchain technology space
- You’re passionate about the blockchain and continually keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- You’re a collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- You’re a self starter with excellent analytical skills, with the ability to deep dive into details, yet seeing broader implications
- You’re proactive and results oriented, having the ability to prioritise and meet challenging details
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with the desire to improve finance worldwide
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you! Please click on the link to apply now.