Back-End EngineerSoftware Development San Francisco, CA Full-time
Set is building crypto asset management tools and products to democratize wealth creation. We believe that decentralized technologies will be a driving force in creating a new global financial system that is more equitable, inclusive, and efficient.
You will be joining a highly technical team that values open sourcing, automated testing, and collaboration. As early adopters in a nascent space, we are continuously laying the groundwork and raising the bar of the decentralized application standard. In addition to having a critical role in shaping the Set Protocol stack, you will significantly influence the next wave of dApps to come.
In this role, you will design, execute, and own Set’s next growth opportunities.
- We pioneered the first smart contract system for decentralized asset management
- We’re a team based out of San Francisco and comprised of alumni from Square, DRW, Airbnb, 21.co (Earn) and Apple
- We’re backed and advised by Craft Ventures, DFJ, Social Capital, Vy Capital, and Kindred Ventures
- We have a strong culture of continuous learning, authenticity, and transparency
- Architect product infrastructure including APIs and automated trading systems
- Design secure and highly reliable services to integrate with blockchain event cycles
- Write infrastructural services that provide secure storage, accounting and transactional services to help our customers transfer assets safely
- 3+ years of professional experience building product infrastructure in any server-side technology and/or framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, Go)
- Works well with autonomy and can drive strong culture at early stage startups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can collaborate effectively on a breadth of technical topics
- Experience with designing service oriented architecture and reusable infrastructure
- Experience with modern data storage and retrieval systems
- Experience with software build and deployment systems
Even Better If You:
- Have knowledge of Solidity and the EVM
- Are familiar with crypto-economic protocol design including governance and incentive structures
- Prior experience with building infrastructure for financial or security systems.
Technologies We Use and Teach: